Paulson is the problem
From the git-go, I wondered why Paulson was screaming that the sky is falling. I concluded that it was because of his ties to Goldman Sachs and his other Wall Street buddies but it could be more than that. He could just be an @$$hole. Iain Murray at the Corner writes:
How to solve the financial crisis is easy: fire Paulson! Okay, it's late and I'm tipsy and fed up with the "crisis."The administration can reform mark-to-market accounting, we can break up and privatize the GSEs, we can reform certain insurance practices such as requiring lenders, not borrowers, to pay for PMI. We can abolish the bank/thrift divide and reform the CRA. There may be a case for some sort of structural stability office in the Treasury as a least-worst option, but we're still thinking that through. Oh, and the President can fire Henry Paulson, whose over-the-top reaction turned a big but manageable problem into an international crisis.I recognize this will be a minority view here, but consider this. Paulson is one of the people who thinks we should "do something" about global warming as well. Funnily enough, his preferred solution is cap-and-trade, an artificial, government-created market with no underlying value whose main beneficiaries will be Wall Street at the expense of the average American. This amounts to a pattern of behavior, I suggest.














The Alliance
<< Home