Friday, August 29, 2008

Palin fires up the base

Emails to the Corner.
Emails like this coming at the rate of roughly one a minute:

Toss me in as another Republican who's ecstatic about this pick and who's writing a check. I teared up as I watched the speech given by Gov. Palin. I haven't been this proud to be a Republican in far too long a time. I am proud we have a bona fide American hero running for president who has the political chops to miraculously energize his base and sucker punch the opposition at the same time.

[...]

Sarah is real!!! What a fabulous contrast with Obama, who is not real. Sarah is from America. Obama is not.

Sarah gives me hope for America, because of who she is, not because of any group she "represents."

More valuable than pearls is a woman who likes to fish and hunt.

[...]

Awesomely Awesome!!!
I just gave McCain some money for the first time.

[...]

Add me to the list of people who just went from “Will vote for McCain as lesser of two evils” to “Will donate and volunteer for his campaign”.

[...]

I just sent a personal check payable to “Palin for Vice President” to the McCain campaign headquarters. Until the selection of Governor Palin, I was prepared to sit out the presidential election – and I am lifelong Republican who cast his first presidential vote for Barry Goldwater in 1964. I hope others do likewise to underscore the importance and value of a ticket that represents traditional Republican views and values.

[...]

Conservative Evangelical here. Long time NR subscriber and on line viewer. Reagan alt. delegate in 1976 and simply thrilled with the pick. Huckabee first choice. Palin a close second. Brilliant move on McCain's part. Kathryn J. Lopez said this may be the day the conservatives reclaimed our party. Cudos to Big Mac, the next President. Best wishes to NR.