Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stuck in the middle

I posted a comment on one of the (socalled) "conservative" anti-McCain blogs and basically said what I've been saying all along since Mac became our candidate: that he will win by pulling together a new coalition of moderate Republicans and sane Democrats who have been alienated by the MoveOn/Code Pinkers, the Clinton's narcissistic amorality and now Obama's obvious idiocy. I got this sarcastic response:
So what will our new one party system be called?
The American Progressive?
(with various flavors therein.)
I responded:
It won't be a one party system. It will be a three party system. With the winning coalition in the middle and the clowns to the left and the jokers to the right. :)

And it won't be the first time the GOP has had a "progressive" wing. Maybe the new party can be called the Democratic-Republicans. That was good enough for Jefferson and Madison.
Aging Boomers will recognize the reference to Stealers Wheel, Stuck in the Middle With You:
Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.
How could we go wrong emulating Jefferson and Madison? Oh, yes, I forgot: they were not Christians and are now burning in Hell according to that blog and other petulant fundamentalist religious right-wingers of the GOP.