I've been tagged....
....by Matthew K Tabor.
The rules:
The rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.
I was living in San Francisco in a house two blocks from Ocean Beach and owned a restaurant in the Sunset district which had been open for 5 years and was at it's peak. It was a good time. I had four wonderful dogs and the prettiest garden on the block.2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Change my bed-linen.3) Snacks I enjoy:
2. Do my laundry.
3. Do this tag.
4. Read the news and my favorite blogs
5. Potter around in the garden - it's a glorious sunny day with an expected high of 70F.
Nearly all fruits and nuts, most sharp and/or stinky cheeses, barbecued oysters, beef jerky (but I prefer the South African version, biltong, because it's moister and juicier) and especially freshly baked bread with loads of butter and a steaming hot cup of milky sugary English tea.4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Pay off the half-million dollar mortgage on my business properties so that I am totally debt-free.5) Three of my bad habits:
2. Start a fund to promote the ideas embodied in our Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and Constitution to our own poor brainwashed government-educated kids as well as kids all over the world.
3. Eat more lobster, caviar and oysters and drink more fine wines.
4. Take a cruise to some exotic place once a year. (I no longer fly so the only travel I will do now is by ship.)
5. Maybe buy a fancy car for the first time in my life - something fast and sporty like a Lamborghini.
1. Staying up too late at night.6) 5 places I have lived:
2. Over-indulging in fancy foods and fine wines.
3. Driving too fast.
1. South Africa (Durban, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Heilbron, Pietermaritzburg, Hibberdene)7) 5 jobs I have had:
2. UK (Dumfries, Edinburgh and Glasgow in Scotland; London, Kendall and Cheltenham in England)
3. Florida (Miami Beach)
4. California (Hollywood, Malibu, Berkeley, Oakland and San Francisco)
5. Oregon (the boonies near North Bend)
1. First job at age 9 - stamping letters by hand in the Post Office every Saturday. Boy, did my hand ache!Now I'm supposed to name 5 or 6 people I want to know more about but I'm just going to tag anybody who reads this because I'd like to know more about everyone who reads my blog.
2. My favorite job - driving a forklift truck on the docks in Durban.
2. Pharmacy (in 3 different drugstores and 2 hospitals over 30 years.)
4. Owing and operating a restaurant (which meant I did the cooking as well as clean toilets and wash dishes when someone didn't show up for work.)
5. Owning and operating a trailer park, rental apartments and houses and being gentleman farmer (okay that's not a job - it's hard work but it's a pleasure so it's a hobby.)














The Alliance
<< Home