The GOP: what's good for business is good for America
Yes, I'm a single-issue voter. I believe that the business of America is business. To me business means free enterprise, private property and individual sovereignty - the most important elements of the American Revolution. That's why I'm a Republican.
I've been reading the comments on this blog and posts and comments on other blogs for and against McCain.
First: (let's get this out of the way) McCain is not the nominee yet; I'm still betting on Romney.
Second: even if McCain is the nominee, there's no assurance that he will be elected President.
Third: even if he is elected, there's no telling exactly how things will go. Voting for a Republican is a crap-shoot just like business - and life in general. You pick your cards and roll the dice and hope for the best - but you've made the effort to remember which cards have already been dealt and you make an educated guess.
Voting for a Democrat is not a crap-shoot. You know for sure that you're going to get more commie crap. So my educated guesses have nearly always led me to vote for Republicans. Yes, deep down inside, I have ideals and wish for politicians who understood the wisdom of the Founders' limited government Constitution but we've strayed so far off course over the centuries that just a modicum of Americanism satisfies me nowadays.
Fred Thompson was a breath of fresh air but how much of his campaign was just an act? Almost too perfect? He is after all a friend of McCain and supposedly was only making an appearance in order to have a go at the Veep-stakes.
So, I picked Mitt Romney next. He has a good record as a businessman but an iffy record as a politician but I'm sticking with him until he quits.
As for whether I'll vote for McCain or not:
If he picks Huckabee (whom I loathe) as VP, it will be hard.
If he picks Thompson (whom I like a lot) as VP, it will be easier but, no matter who he picks for VP, it will never be more than voting for the lesser of two evils and never has been ever since I became an American citizen.
I just know that four years for a businessman is a long time. A lot can happen in four years that will affect my business for decades to come. Yes, I am ideological to a point but, when push comes to shove, I know that Republicans are better for business (private property and individual sovereignty) than Democrats.
A Democrat in the WH and a Democrat majority in Congress will:
Raise income taxes.
Raise capital gains taxes.
Raise corporate taxes.
Raise the minimum wage.
Cause interest rates to be raised to 13 or 14% as they were under Carter.
Appoint judges who have no respect for private property, self defense and individual liberty.
Introduce politically correct legislation that cripples a businessman's ability to decide what's best for his own business. (In Democrat-controlled San Francisco I had to rebuild stairs in my restaurant because the handrails were higher than 30 inches. When I asked why, I was told that was the height approved for wheelchairs. When I pointed out that wheelchairs don't use stairs and it was ridiculous, I was told that I would be not be issued a business license if I did not comply. That's just one example but I know all about Democratic politically correct nonsense first-hand.)
I could go on but you get the gist. Four years of politically correct government could mean that we will be four years closer to not only tolerating sharia but enthusiastically welcoming it in our schools and bureaucracies. Can you spell European-style dhimmitude anyone. Can you smile when you address Big Brother?
Yep, both Romney and McCain could go along with Democratic socialist crap like that but they may not. It's a crap-shoot voting for Republicans but not for Democrats. You just know for sure that Democrats will increase taxes, expand government and introduce more feel-good appeasement baloney. Billary and Obama will not only certainly go along with a Democratic Congress' socialistic nonsense but will actively encourage it.
So, why would I bet on something that I know will definitely be bad for business (and my private life) when I can bet on something that has a 50/50 chance of being good for business?
I will be voting Republican in November no matter who the nominee is. Ideology is for people with philosophical and religious agendas or people who do not have to do payroll taxes, pay health-care and workers' compensation insurance and generally foot the bill out of their own pockets.
I've been reading the comments on this blog and posts and comments on other blogs for and against McCain.
First: (let's get this out of the way) McCain is not the nominee yet; I'm still betting on Romney.
Second: even if McCain is the nominee, there's no assurance that he will be elected President.
Third: even if he is elected, there's no telling exactly how things will go. Voting for a Republican is a crap-shoot just like business - and life in general. You pick your cards and roll the dice and hope for the best - but you've made the effort to remember which cards have already been dealt and you make an educated guess.
Voting for a Democrat is not a crap-shoot. You know for sure that you're going to get more commie crap. So my educated guesses have nearly always led me to vote for Republicans. Yes, deep down inside, I have ideals and wish for politicians who understood the wisdom of the Founders' limited government Constitution but we've strayed so far off course over the centuries that just a modicum of Americanism satisfies me nowadays.
Fred Thompson was a breath of fresh air but how much of his campaign was just an act? Almost too perfect? He is after all a friend of McCain and supposedly was only making an appearance in order to have a go at the Veep-stakes.
So, I picked Mitt Romney next. He has a good record as a businessman but an iffy record as a politician but I'm sticking with him until he quits.
As for whether I'll vote for McCain or not:
If he picks Huckabee (whom I loathe) as VP, it will be hard.
If he picks Thompson (whom I like a lot) as VP, it will be easier but, no matter who he picks for VP, it will never be more than voting for the lesser of two evils and never has been ever since I became an American citizen.
I just know that four years for a businessman is a long time. A lot can happen in four years that will affect my business for decades to come. Yes, I am ideological to a point but, when push comes to shove, I know that Republicans are better for business (private property and individual sovereignty) than Democrats.
A Democrat in the WH and a Democrat majority in Congress will:
Raise income taxes.
Raise capital gains taxes.
Raise corporate taxes.
Raise the minimum wage.
Cause interest rates to be raised to 13 or 14% as they were under Carter.
Appoint judges who have no respect for private property, self defense and individual liberty.
Introduce politically correct legislation that cripples a businessman's ability to decide what's best for his own business. (In Democrat-controlled San Francisco I had to rebuild stairs in my restaurant because the handrails were higher than 30 inches. When I asked why, I was told that was the height approved for wheelchairs. When I pointed out that wheelchairs don't use stairs and it was ridiculous, I was told that I would be not be issued a business license if I did not comply. That's just one example but I know all about Democratic politically correct nonsense first-hand.)
I could go on but you get the gist. Four years of politically correct government could mean that we will be four years closer to not only tolerating sharia but enthusiastically welcoming it in our schools and bureaucracies. Can you spell European-style dhimmitude anyone. Can you smile when you address Big Brother?
Yep, both Romney and McCain could go along with Democratic socialist crap like that but they may not. It's a crap-shoot voting for Republicans but not for Democrats. You just know for sure that Democrats will increase taxes, expand government and introduce more feel-good appeasement baloney. Billary and Obama will not only certainly go along with a Democratic Congress' socialistic nonsense but will actively encourage it.
So, why would I bet on something that I know will definitely be bad for business (and my private life) when I can bet on something that has a 50/50 chance of being good for business?
I will be voting Republican in November no matter who the nominee is. Ideology is for people with philosophical and religious agendas or people who do not have to do payroll taxes, pay health-care and workers' compensation insurance and generally foot the bill out of their own pockets.














The Alliance
<< Home