Evil
I watched the videos that Cho sent to NBC. I also watched the talking heads yak on and on about what motivated him. There's no doubt that Cho was psycho but, as I said to Gayle and Richard in a comment below, maybe I shouldn't call people like him psychos because I don't really believe in psychology. To me insanity is all a form of evil.
Let me explain why I don't believe in psychology. Since Freud there has been this whole industry attempting to analyze why people do what they do. I call it blame-ology and it has evolved into modern psychobabble which is basically a way to shirk responsibility and accountability. Complexes, neuroses, paranoia, delusions are all euphemisms for a lack of honesty about who you are and a lack of humility about where you fit into the scheme of things.
I've known quite a few insane people. Yes, most of them lived in San Francisco. They came there from small towns all over the West and Midwest to escape being labelled as nuts in their home-towns. They fit right into SF and often rose to prominence just as the Nazi psychos rose to the top in the SS. They all had one thing in common - they were pathological liars.
I'm not religious and don't believe in creeds and scriptures but I do believe in wisdom and the Bible is full of wisdom and one of the Biblical adages that I do believe in is that the "sin against the Holy Spirit" is the only unforgivable sin. Committing this sin leads to total insanity or pure evil.
To me the "sin against the Holy Spirit" is when you turn your back on your creator. We all know that we were created. We can all see that whatever created us is wonderful beyond words; that the creation is more beautiful than we could ever describe and more amazing than anything that we could ever imagine. Our creator is obviously benevolent, loving and joyful.
To me the "sin against the Holy Spirit" is when you turn your back on that truth. Turning your back on the truth can start out as simply as starting to tell lies instead of being honest. I've watched people start by telling small lies. Then the lies get bigger and bigger till the person can no longer tell fantasy from reality. I've known two people who decided to pretend that they were nuts so that they could collect Social Security. Guess what? Yep, they ended up becoming really nuts.
Being insane simply means being a liar just as evil simply means turning your back on the obvious truth that our creator is loving and good. That's why I don't believe in psychology. It's just a whole bunch of nonsense based on analyzing how many different kinds of lies, fantasies and delusions people can come up with.
Not being religious, I don't believe in Satan or heaven or hell (but that's another subject) however I do believe in evil. Evil is not having trust in our benevolent creator, becoming fearful and defensive. The moment you turn your back on goodness, you turn your back on truth and start living a lie and lies are the slippery slope to evil.
I don't know why Cho stopped trusting or when he started telling lies. All I know is that he ended up telling himself so many lies that he became deluded. I don't need to know what motivated him or what "triggered" his insanity. To me he was just plain evil.
We live in an age when it is not PC to use the word "evil" and you can't just come right out and say "that guy is evil" even when it's pretty obvious (as it was to numerous people that Cho was crazy years ago.) The writing was on the wall a long time ago, glowing like "Mene, mene, tekel upharsin."
I don't know about you but I can smell evil people a mile away. They smell like a mad dogs. It's a pity we can't treat them the same way. And that's my final word on that subject.
PS Jason H. Bowden also wrote about the unfashionable topic of evil.
Let me explain why I don't believe in psychology. Since Freud there has been this whole industry attempting to analyze why people do what they do. I call it blame-ology and it has evolved into modern psychobabble which is basically a way to shirk responsibility and accountability. Complexes, neuroses, paranoia, delusions are all euphemisms for a lack of honesty about who you are and a lack of humility about where you fit into the scheme of things.
I've known quite a few insane people. Yes, most of them lived in San Francisco. They came there from small towns all over the West and Midwest to escape being labelled as nuts in their home-towns. They fit right into SF and often rose to prominence just as the Nazi psychos rose to the top in the SS. They all had one thing in common - they were pathological liars.
I'm not religious and don't believe in creeds and scriptures but I do believe in wisdom and the Bible is full of wisdom and one of the Biblical adages that I do believe in is that the "sin against the Holy Spirit" is the only unforgivable sin. Committing this sin leads to total insanity or pure evil.
To me the "sin against the Holy Spirit" is when you turn your back on your creator. We all know that we were created. We can all see that whatever created us is wonderful beyond words; that the creation is more beautiful than we could ever describe and more amazing than anything that we could ever imagine. Our creator is obviously benevolent, loving and joyful.
To me the "sin against the Holy Spirit" is when you turn your back on that truth. Turning your back on the truth can start out as simply as starting to tell lies instead of being honest. I've watched people start by telling small lies. Then the lies get bigger and bigger till the person can no longer tell fantasy from reality. I've known two people who decided to pretend that they were nuts so that they could collect Social Security. Guess what? Yep, they ended up becoming really nuts.
Being insane simply means being a liar just as evil simply means turning your back on the obvious truth that our creator is loving and good. That's why I don't believe in psychology. It's just a whole bunch of nonsense based on analyzing how many different kinds of lies, fantasies and delusions people can come up with.
Not being religious, I don't believe in Satan or heaven or hell (but that's another subject) however I do believe in evil. Evil is not having trust in our benevolent creator, becoming fearful and defensive. The moment you turn your back on goodness, you turn your back on truth and start living a lie and lies are the slippery slope to evil.
I don't know why Cho stopped trusting or when he started telling lies. All I know is that he ended up telling himself so many lies that he became deluded. I don't need to know what motivated him or what "triggered" his insanity. To me he was just plain evil.
We live in an age when it is not PC to use the word "evil" and you can't just come right out and say "that guy is evil" even when it's pretty obvious (as it was to numerous people that Cho was crazy years ago.) The writing was on the wall a long time ago, glowing like "Mene, mene, tekel upharsin."
I don't know about you but I can smell evil people a mile away. They smell like a mad dogs. It's a pity we can't treat them the same way. And that's my final word on that subject.
PS Jason H. Bowden also wrote about the unfashionable topic of evil.














The Alliance
<< Home