That fool Foley
First an explanation about why I "have a horse in this race:"
As anyone who has read my blog before knows, I am a very different person than the one I used to be in my late teens and twenties in the Sixties. My involvement with the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa introduced me to artsy-fartsy types; hippies, communists and homosexuals.
When I left South Africa, I moved to "swinging London" where I took Timothy Leary's advice and "turned on, tuned in and dropped out," lived in hippie communes, experimented with every drug that I could lay my hands on, flirted with the gay lifestyle, got myself a Hindu guru and was even (I kid you not) a vegetarian for 15 years. Yep, I was a flower child all right and eventually I moved to the flower-child capital of the world, San Francisco.
If you're going to San Francisco,
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.
I did - with bells on.
The trouble was that I never really fit in with the leftie crowd. I couldn't stand Marxism, realized that hippies were just basically as selfish as everyone else, found gays to be superficial, narcissistic and debauched and discovered that deep down I was pretty stuffy and old-fashioned.
In San Francisco I was still a devotee of the Hindu guru. Now, the reason that I still followed him was that he had shown me an alternative way to get high without drugs and sex and I felt that I had a duty to show others that they didn't have to destroy their lives with mind-altering poisons and promiscuity.
Under the guru's auspices, I started an outreach program to gays and hippies. That was how I met Chas and Andy, my fellow merry men at Robin's Wood. We have a standing joke between us and that is that I saved them from getting dragged into the hippie/gay lifestyle and they saved me from the Hindu guru, who turned out to be just a another greedy money-grabbing phony.
Anyway, I'll save the rest of that story for my "Confessions of a Teenage Flowerchild." The only reason that I mention it now is that I want to talk about Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla) and I wanted to make it clear where I'm coming from.
Hardly any conservatives have addressed this issue. Well, let's face it: it's a hot potato. Even I thought for the past couple of days, "I won't touch it with a ten foot pole." I also haven't wanted to talk about it because of course the Democrats and leftie bloggers are all crowing and exalting at the fall of a Republican - "Oh goody, another Republican scandal!"
First let me say that, being a very partisan Republican, I am really PO'ed that we lost a sure seat to the Democrats because of this idiot. Second, let me add that, yes, I do judge Foley badly.
Let's get the pedophilia accusation out of the way. Foley is not a pedophile. Pedophiles prey on little kids of either gender. They are not interested in sex so much as power and control. Foley preyed on adolesecent boys just the way that the Catholic priests did.
People say to me that the Catholic child-molestation scandal was a pedophile scandal. No it wasn't. It was a homosexual scandal. I know. I was in a Catholic monastery just before the Sixties changed the Catholic church and gays started to become priests and I knew many Catholic priests in San Francisco who died of AIDS. How many priests molested girls? Hardly any. How many priests molested little boys? None. Most of them molested adolescent boys. They were homosexual and took advantage of their religious authority to satisfy their homosexual lusts. Like those priests, Foley is a homosexual not a pedophile.
Now, let's get this out of the way: I don't condemn gays as long as they keep what they do private. I'm not saying that they should lie and stay "in the closet" the way Foley did. It's just that no one really is interested in anyone else's private life. Foley was "in the closet" - except most of DC knew that he was queer. I don't know what possessed this idiot to do what he did. All I know is that what Foley did disgusts me even more than what Clinton did to Lewinsky. At least Lewinsky was an adult. I'm also angry that the GOP lost a sure seat because of this idiot. He's lucky I don't live in Florida because he'd have a busted nose and missing front teeth.
I'll probably have more to say on this subject. What do you think?
As anyone who has read my blog before knows, I am a very different person than the one I used to be in my late teens and twenties in the Sixties. My involvement with the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa introduced me to artsy-fartsy types; hippies, communists and homosexuals.
When I left South Africa, I moved to "swinging London" where I took Timothy Leary's advice and "turned on, tuned in and dropped out," lived in hippie communes, experimented with every drug that I could lay my hands on, flirted with the gay lifestyle, got myself a Hindu guru and was even (I kid you not) a vegetarian for 15 years. Yep, I was a flower child all right and eventually I moved to the flower-child capital of the world, San Francisco.
If you're going to San Francisco,
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.
I did - with bells on.
The trouble was that I never really fit in with the leftie crowd. I couldn't stand Marxism, realized that hippies were just basically as selfish as everyone else, found gays to be superficial, narcissistic and debauched and discovered that deep down I was pretty stuffy and old-fashioned.
In San Francisco I was still a devotee of the Hindu guru. Now, the reason that I still followed him was that he had shown me an alternative way to get high without drugs and sex and I felt that I had a duty to show others that they didn't have to destroy their lives with mind-altering poisons and promiscuity.
Under the guru's auspices, I started an outreach program to gays and hippies. That was how I met Chas and Andy, my fellow merry men at Robin's Wood. We have a standing joke between us and that is that I saved them from getting dragged into the hippie/gay lifestyle and they saved me from the Hindu guru, who turned out to be just a another greedy money-grabbing phony.
Anyway, I'll save the rest of that story for my "Confessions of a Teenage Flowerchild." The only reason that I mention it now is that I want to talk about Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla) and I wanted to make it clear where I'm coming from.
Hardly any conservatives have addressed this issue. Well, let's face it: it's a hot potato. Even I thought for the past couple of days, "I won't touch it with a ten foot pole." I also haven't wanted to talk about it because of course the Democrats and leftie bloggers are all crowing and exalting at the fall of a Republican - "Oh goody, another Republican scandal!"
First let me say that, being a very partisan Republican, I am really PO'ed that we lost a sure seat to the Democrats because of this idiot. Second, let me add that, yes, I do judge Foley badly.
Let's get the pedophilia accusation out of the way. Foley is not a pedophile. Pedophiles prey on little kids of either gender. They are not interested in sex so much as power and control. Foley preyed on adolesecent boys just the way that the Catholic priests did.
People say to me that the Catholic child-molestation scandal was a pedophile scandal. No it wasn't. It was a homosexual scandal. I know. I was in a Catholic monastery just before the Sixties changed the Catholic church and gays started to become priests and I knew many Catholic priests in San Francisco who died of AIDS. How many priests molested girls? Hardly any. How many priests molested little boys? None. Most of them molested adolescent boys. They were homosexual and took advantage of their religious authority to satisfy their homosexual lusts. Like those priests, Foley is a homosexual not a pedophile.
Now, let's get this out of the way: I don't condemn gays as long as they keep what they do private. I'm not saying that they should lie and stay "in the closet" the way Foley did. It's just that no one really is interested in anyone else's private life. Foley was "in the closet" - except most of DC knew that he was queer. I don't know what possessed this idiot to do what he did. All I know is that what Foley did disgusts me even more than what Clinton did to Lewinsky. At least Lewinsky was an adult. I'm also angry that the GOP lost a sure seat because of this idiot. He's lucky I don't live in Florida because he'd have a busted nose and missing front teeth.
I'll probably have more to say on this subject. What do you think?














The Alliance
<< Home