Thursday, November 11, 2010

Leftists like TV "shows about damaged people"

No surprise there since Leftists usually are often severely damaged people.

James Hibberd at The Hollywood Reporter:
According to months of data from leading media-research company Experian Simmons, viewers who vote Republican and identify themselves as conservative are more likely than Democrats to love the biggest hits on TV. Of the top 10 broadcast shows on TV in the spring, nine were ranked more favorably by viewers who identify themselves as Republican.
...
“The big shows with mass appeal tend to have above-average scores from Democrats and Republicans but with higher concentrations of Republicans,” says John Fetto, senior marketing manager at Experian Simmons. “Looking at the Democrats side, I don’t mean to make light of it, but they seem to like shows about damaged people. Those are the kind of shows Republicans just stay away from.”
...
So, what have we learned today?

We’ve learned Republicans like winners. The shows might be considered fluffy, but they’re generally programs that make people feel good. If you’re a broadcast network executive weighing whether to buy a show, you might ask your uncle who voted twice for George W. Bush if he likes the idea. We’ve learned Democrats are, depending on your perspective, discriminating viewers who prefer highly original, well-written series or are cynics who enjoy watching jerks.
I found that via John Nolte at Big Hollywood who opines:
Before the left dislocates something patting themselves on the back over how complicated and interesting their television choices are, both “Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami” and “90210″ place in their top five with the relentlessly sleazy (last I saw) “Law & Order: SVU” not far behind.

Really, Lefties? Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami?

If anything, we righties seem to just want to escape … as long as that escapism doesn’t involve someone who spells “Chloe” with a “k.”
We don't watch TV. We record the shows we like and the only one on this list that we enjoy is "V." We used to watch "Law and Order: SVU" but it turned commie about 7 years ago and is now unwatchable.

I watch Beck at the office at lunch time and he's good but I already know what he's talking about and I know it in greater depth than him. Like Limbaugh, he's good for popularizing ideas for those who have not read as much as I have.

Labels: