Politics schmolitics
I've just finished doing the Christmas gifts for 24 of my best tenants - nothing fancy, just something I do every year: a letter saying that they'll get a 10% discount on their December rent. And now I'm in a holiday mood and in no mood for world affairs.
I wasn't going to give gifts this year as I will not be able to raise rents this year because most of my tenants are retired and live on SS and they are not getting a COLA raise next year. But, last night while I was in the shower I realized that giving them gifts is not really for them. It's for me. It's my way of saying thanks and giving something back to a country which has blessed me with so much material wealth.
Anyway I'm staying away from politics today so I was just looking for some pretty pics to post. These are from my folder "house and garden."
I don't know what the first one is. It looks like a ballroom. No, I don't want a ballroom because I don't like having servants.

But I wouldn't mind having a bedroom like this.

Or a sitting-room like this.

But I don't want a sitting-room like this. I just thought the fireplace was interesting.

And I've already made plans for a garden bed like this.

I think the sign says "Restaurent" (sic) but I wouldn't mind an island getaway like this. Of course you'd have to bring in all your water.

And a tree-house has been on my wish list for a long time.

I love this abandoned house in Oregon. Note the trees starting to grow on the roof. It rains so much here that trees actually grow on beach dunes and even rocks.
I wasn't going to give gifts this year as I will not be able to raise rents this year because most of my tenants are retired and live on SS and they are not getting a COLA raise next year. But, last night while I was in the shower I realized that giving them gifts is not really for them. It's for me. It's my way of saying thanks and giving something back to a country which has blessed me with so much material wealth.
Anyway I'm staying away from politics today so I was just looking for some pretty pics to post. These are from my folder "house and garden."
I don't know what the first one is. It looks like a ballroom. No, I don't want a ballroom because I don't like having servants.

But I wouldn't mind having a bedroom like this.

Or a sitting-room like this.

But I don't want a sitting-room like this. I just thought the fireplace was interesting.

And I've already made plans for a garden bed like this.

I think the sign says "Restaurent" (sic) but I wouldn't mind an island getaway like this. Of course you'd have to bring in all your water.

And a tree-house has been on my wish list for a long time.

I love this abandoned house in Oregon. Note the trees starting to grow on the roof. It rains so much here that trees actually grow on beach dunes and even rocks.














The Alliance
<< Home