I may have to stop blogging before I get boring
I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Nothing's ever really new - except maybe for some technological advances. Maybe it's because I'm getting old and keep seeing that the more things change, the more they stay the same. And it seems to me that most of the time we just keep reinventing the wheel anyway.
For instance what can I say about the latest memes infecting the right wing blogosphere?
"The GOP is broken and needs fixing."
No, it's not. We say this every time we lose an election. We just have to stick with first principles and nominate politicians who know how to communicate those first principles in a positive way. It would also help if we chose honest and conscientious pols instead of crooks and incompetents.
"The Left is going to turn the USA into a socialist nation."
No. It's too late for that. They already did that 50 years ago. It seems that it's what people want. It's the built-in weakness of democracies - people will vote themselves more goodies. The job of conservatives is to put on the brakes and issue warnings which is why we always sound more boring than the hopey-changey Left.
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket."
No it's not. I'm sure Moses thought the same thing when he saw his followers worshipping Baal. There have always been fools, liars, thieves and murderers - which is why we have the Ten Commandments. Fortunately the evil folk have always been outnumbered by the decent folk.
Supposedly Buddha said: "All virtues spring from patience and perseverance."
Of course there's nothing more boring than a patient, persevering person.
For instance what can I say about the latest memes infecting the right wing blogosphere?
"The GOP is broken and needs fixing."
No, it's not. We say this every time we lose an election. We just have to stick with first principles and nominate politicians who know how to communicate those first principles in a positive way. It would also help if we chose honest and conscientious pols instead of crooks and incompetents.
"The Left is going to turn the USA into a socialist nation."
No. It's too late for that. They already did that 50 years ago. It seems that it's what people want. It's the built-in weakness of democracies - people will vote themselves more goodies. The job of conservatives is to put on the brakes and issue warnings which is why we always sound more boring than the hopey-changey Left.
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket."
No it's not. I'm sure Moses thought the same thing when he saw his followers worshipping Baal. There have always been fools, liars, thieves and murderers - which is why we have the Ten Commandments. Fortunately the evil folk have always been outnumbered by the decent folk.
Supposedly Buddha said: "All virtues spring from patience and perseverance."
Of course there's nothing more boring than a patient, persevering person.














The Alliance
<< Home