The culture war
Today while I was thinking about all the vicious nonsense that has been written about Palin in the past couple of weeks and the Gibson interview and my post below and the hit piece on Palin that the NYT is publishing tomorrow, the thought occurred to me that the next 4 or more years is going to be awful whether we win or lose.
If we lose, Obama, Reid and Pelosi (aided by their allies in the media) will drag this country into a socialist hell-hole. Politics will be insane - filled with deceit, manipulation and all the other jackboot politically correct nonsense that the Leftist Brownshirts can muster.
If we win, Obama, Reid and Pelosi (aided by their allies in the media) will drag this country into another round of finger-pointing and vituperation maybe even worse than Bush Derangement Syndrom. And yes, politics will still be insane - filled with deceit, manipulation and all the other jackboot politically correct nonsense that the Leftist Brownshirts can muster.
I've often gone overboard in my reaction to the Left's lies and general insanity but I know that reacting is futile. It means that we are playing by their rules on their unlevel playing field. I see this again and again in Coulter and Limbaugh. They are both honest and sane people but they end up playing into the Leftists' hands.
Since moving into the sticks, I've seen that ordinary Americans are nearly not as hyper-partisan as the sophisticated metrosexuals in the cities. Republicans and Democrats get along just fine. We compromise. They like more taxes and we try to talk them out of it. And there's give and take as there should be in a civilized society.
I'm just hoping McCain and Palin can tap into this civil culture of compromise and give and take among the Silent Majority of ordinary Americans. There is no culture war here in middle America.
If we lose, Obama, Reid and Pelosi (aided by their allies in the media) will drag this country into a socialist hell-hole. Politics will be insane - filled with deceit, manipulation and all the other jackboot politically correct nonsense that the Leftist Brownshirts can muster.
If we win, Obama, Reid and Pelosi (aided by their allies in the media) will drag this country into another round of finger-pointing and vituperation maybe even worse than Bush Derangement Syndrom. And yes, politics will still be insane - filled with deceit, manipulation and all the other jackboot politically correct nonsense that the Leftist Brownshirts can muster.
I've often gone overboard in my reaction to the Left's lies and general insanity but I know that reacting is futile. It means that we are playing by their rules on their unlevel playing field. I see this again and again in Coulter and Limbaugh. They are both honest and sane people but they end up playing into the Leftists' hands.
Since moving into the sticks, I've seen that ordinary Americans are nearly not as hyper-partisan as the sophisticated metrosexuals in the cities. Republicans and Democrats get along just fine. We compromise. They like more taxes and we try to talk them out of it. And there's give and take as there should be in a civilized society.
I'm just hoping McCain and Palin can tap into this civil culture of compromise and give and take among the Silent Majority of ordinary Americans. There is no culture war here in middle America.














The Alliance
<< Home