Are you a Republican or what?
Look, I'm not here to make people toe the party line. I'm a true liberal (not the fake kind who are really socialists) and I'm easy-going and just not into manipulating other people. But....
Whether you like it or not, McCain is our flag-bearer. He was not my first choice. Fred Thompson was (and I'll be the first to admit that Fred the actor had me fooled from the get-go.)
So, the majority of Republicans picked Mac and the way I see it is, if you don't accept that, then you're a sore loser and a spoilt brat.
If you genuinely can't support him; that's fine with me but then leave the GOP. Go support Barr or the Constitution Party nominee. Either you are on the team or you're not. Criticize Mac all you want but don't call yourself a Republican because you are sabotaging our team.
If you genuinely don't like him, that's fine. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. But, get real, you have to accept him just the way he is. He is what he is and he's not going to change or adapt to your expectations the way Obama does.
Obama will throw his grandmother under the bus if she stood in the way of his narcissistic ambitions - and he did. McCain may not be an unblemished saint but he is at least true to his convictions and constrained by common human decency.
I completely understand conservatives' objections to McCain and can sympathize to an extent but I'm a realist and know that Mac is the lesser of two evils - as is the GOP - compared with the alternative.
It's only politics not the Final Judgement. Whatever happens is temporary. It's not the end of the world as some of Mac's most fanatical "Rapturist" and "Millennialist" and "Theocratic" conservative enemies seem to think - or even wish.
Human beings muddle through and the compromises and accommodations inherent in democracy are particularly messy and unsatisfying. Adults make the best of bad situations and get on with life.
It's time for those who do not like McCain to get out if the GOP. We (and he) can defeat the idiotic Obamessiah and his imbecilic pot-head peacenik Obamaniacs with a coalition of pragamatic Republicans and conservative Democrats and independents - the middle class "Silent Majority. "
Whether you like it or not, McCain is our flag-bearer. He was not my first choice. Fred Thompson was (and I'll be the first to admit that Fred the actor had me fooled from the get-go.)
So, the majority of Republicans picked Mac and the way I see it is, if you don't accept that, then you're a sore loser and a spoilt brat.
If you genuinely can't support him; that's fine with me but then leave the GOP. Go support Barr or the Constitution Party nominee. Either you are on the team or you're not. Criticize Mac all you want but don't call yourself a Republican because you are sabotaging our team.
If you genuinely don't like him, that's fine. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. But, get real, you have to accept him just the way he is. He is what he is and he's not going to change or adapt to your expectations the way Obama does.
Obama will throw his grandmother under the bus if she stood in the way of his narcissistic ambitions - and he did. McCain may not be an unblemished saint but he is at least true to his convictions and constrained by common human decency.
I completely understand conservatives' objections to McCain and can sympathize to an extent but I'm a realist and know that Mac is the lesser of two evils - as is the GOP - compared with the alternative.
It's only politics not the Final Judgement. Whatever happens is temporary. It's not the end of the world as some of Mac's most fanatical "Rapturist" and "Millennialist" and "Theocratic" conservative enemies seem to think - or even wish.
Human beings muddle through and the compromises and accommodations inherent in democracy are particularly messy and unsatisfying. Adults make the best of bad situations and get on with life.
It's time for those who do not like McCain to get out if the GOP. We (and he) can defeat the idiotic Obamessiah and his imbecilic pot-head peacenik Obamaniacs with a coalition of pragamatic Republicans and conservative Democrats and independents - the middle class "Silent Majority. "














The Alliance
<< Home