The fog - it's back!
The fog came back last night after three days of 90F days. Thank goodness our heat-waves seldom last longer than 3 days. Finally I can wear something besides a watch and flip-flops. Actually it was too hot to even wear a watch and I lolled around in the pool all day yesterday.
The best birthday present I've ever had is the huge mosquito net tent which we erected on Friday. It's big enough to cover the pool and a picnic table and chairs and now I can once again enjoy the garden in summer without being eaten alive by skeeters.
Right now it is a delicious 50F and this is the view from my window. No lolling in the pool today. It's the perfect day for gardening.

The top of the "marine layer" hovers at about 300 feet above sea-level. The farm is 170 feet above sea-level and is completely enveloped by the fog. It's like living in a cloud-forest most of the summer.
Here you can see what the coastal fog looks like from the central valley east of us. The mountain in the distance is part of the Coastal Range. What looks like a cloud is the top of the marine layer.

This marine layer aka coastal fog is something that occurs on nearly all western coasts all over the world. The same thing also happens in Cape Town where Table Mountain blocks the marine layer. When it rolls over the top of the mountain it is called the Table Cloth. The view from the back porch of the house we lived in when I was a kid.
The best birthday present I've ever had is the huge mosquito net tent which we erected on Friday. It's big enough to cover the pool and a picnic table and chairs and now I can once again enjoy the garden in summer without being eaten alive by skeeters.
Right now it is a delicious 50F and this is the view from my window. No lolling in the pool today. It's the perfect day for gardening.

The top of the "marine layer" hovers at about 300 feet above sea-level. The farm is 170 feet above sea-level and is completely enveloped by the fog. It's like living in a cloud-forest most of the summer.
Here you can see what the coastal fog looks like from the central valley east of us. The mountain in the distance is part of the Coastal Range. What looks like a cloud is the top of the marine layer.

This marine layer aka coastal fog is something that occurs on nearly all western coasts all over the world. The same thing also happens in Cape Town where Table Mountain blocks the marine layer. When it rolls over the top of the mountain it is called the Table Cloth. The view from the back porch of the house we lived in when I was a kid.














The Alliance
<< Home