Sunday poem and pictures
I had a hard time finding a poem about irises but I eventually found this one. It's interesting but I'm not sure what it means.
The Irises
by Mark Irwin
The irises were so beautiful I had trouble
leaving. One day, one day it will be lonely
when people go. I wanted to linger a bit
longer among irises. Some white, some purple,
some pale blue. What can one say among
irises. One's speech grows dumb as they touch
the air. I wanted to linger a bit longer
among irises. The moment moves. Are you
ready? I think the body's a mansion
with two doors, one luminescent and open,
one dark and closed. I wanted to linger
a bit longer among irises. I felt something
opening into the room among our tangled
arms. One day, one day it will be lonely. Petals,
paper doors, walls, clouds. I wanted to,
you wanted to. That your desire may spill
into eternity, an impatience whose lingering is all.
Here are some pics of our Oregon wild irises which are just now starting to bloom. The first four pics are of the Douglas iris, our most common wild iris. I'm not sure of the names of the others yet as I have just started to study our native irises.







The Irises
by Mark Irwin
The irises were so beautiful I had trouble
leaving. One day, one day it will be lonely
when people go. I wanted to linger a bit
longer among irises. Some white, some purple,
some pale blue. What can one say among
irises. One's speech grows dumb as they touch
the air. I wanted to linger a bit longer
among irises. The moment moves. Are you
ready? I think the body's a mansion
with two doors, one luminescent and open,
one dark and closed. I wanted to linger
a bit longer among irises. I felt something
opening into the room among our tangled
arms. One day, one day it will be lonely. Petals,
paper doors, walls, clouds. I wanted to,
you wanted to. That your desire may spill
into eternity, an impatience whose lingering is all.
Here are some pics of our Oregon wild irises which are just now starting to bloom. The first four pics are of the Douglas iris, our most common wild iris. I'm not sure of the names of the others yet as I have just started to study our native irises.





















The Alliance
<< Home